Saturday, August 9, 2014

The difficulty of trusting at times, getting through to others

Hi, Sweetheart,
Yes, it's your silly Daddy again writing to you. It's a pretty day out there, and I know you're enjoying it up there in Heaven, but down here I had some comments before that got eaten because Internet Explorer was getting balky, so now a few days later I had more time and thought I'd write since I just got done with something else.

As I've said - and as you know much better, I imagine, since in Heaven you don't see through a glass darkly - I have trouble with non-verbal cues and with knowing what people's intentions are at times; I'm rather literal compared to most people. It's something I thought was just my poor vision for years - plus poor hearing - but from what I've read I think it is a bit more than that.

Now, I've developed the ability to admit this pretty well and to explain it, so it's not as difficult as it was, but there's still the sense of wondering if I'm supposed to pick up on something I don't. When I try to figure out what those hidden thigns are is when it's really tricky, so wha I do is, since conversation goes so fast anyway, I just always take the literal meaning, since often enough that is what people mean anyway. Sure, I do know what euphemisms are and I have learned to pick up on quite a few of them, but I dont' always and if I tried to explain when i do and when i don't it would take far too long.

So, why am I telling you this?

First, to assure you that I, happily, don't feel the need for a child to raise in Godly love and nurturing so they can help me when older. It would still help, my parents won't be around forever. But, I have developed that ability on my own, thanks to the Lord's help. One important things we as parents do is share Christ's love so that you can love int he same way and help us when we get older - I remember answering questions every day for a few months when my parents got their computer a few years ago, for instance. I know you don't worry in Heaven, but one of those silly ways I look at things is assuring you that you don't have to worry, anyway.

In short, I know the Lord will take care of me, even if I never do adopt. The way this world's going, we might be raptured someday soon anyway.

The second is that this world has a lot of meanies in it. Some companies, for instance, will try to sell you stuff you don't need, and it's hard to know when they're telling the truth and when not. It's a very fine balance between believing people will be good and not being careful and getting so cynical you don't trust anyone. I have always tried to take the former becuase that is how I'd want to be treated, but there are built-in things neurotypicals have that show them when there is danger that I don't always. Hence, someone like you - I'm presuming you'd have been neurotypical, though I'd have loved you no matter what - could still keep a very positive attitude and yet not be taken in by little things that confuse people like me a little. For instance, confusion about which lines a phone company will cover and how common it is for lines inside the home to need repaired; something perhaps added to by how bad this house was when I bought it before fixing it up.

Sweetheart, I'll be honest, I'd have much preferred a world remaining like the '70s - it's so immoral here, and peoples' word isn't good like it used to be. And, it's really sad how things have gone.

However, the Lord is still at work - 2 Timothy 3, 1 Timothy 4, and others show we're int he end times as this stuff gets even worse. But, we can still have revival. Sometimes it just seems so hard to focus on prayer when there is so much going on it's overwhelming.

Which is another problem. There is so much pressure on people to keep reading e-mails and texts allt he time, when in fact that is adding to the problems. If people would just slow down there wouldn't be texting while driving accidents and we could be more leisurely and focus on the Lord. I told someone the other day I wouldn't want a device where I ca check e-mail whenever I want. I want a slower pace, a calmer life.

Yeah, I know, a simple life wouldn't have gone with having you and all the fun we'd have had. But, with you it would have been a joy, seeing you grow and learn and have so much fun with life. If I'd had to hoemschool you to protect you from all the problems I would have, our church has a great co-op of parents who do so. It would have been such a blessing. Indeed, when i was a teen I told some friends my theme song would be, "You Gotta Stop and Smell the Roses." I was more mature than a lot of people the, though I had friends who didn't want all the crazy stuff some teens were doing, too.

But, as I remarked about imagination, I've had the thrill of imagination to help,a nd a lot of joys even without you. It shows how I miss you a bit sometimes yet, but I know you're in the best place there can be. When we taped the radio show I didn't come out and say I know the Lord had a child for me waiting in heaven becasue it would have been going off on a tangent, but I did say He might. And, I'd have always forgiven you, just like He always forgives us.

It would have been wonderful. But, I've had a great life as it is, and who knows, the Lord could open the door for me to do that in the future anyway.

For now, though, your daddy is so excited about the things he can do. I know God will see us through down here on earth while you celebrate in Heaven. And until we meet someday on that happy, golden shore, the Lord will guide me through. My hope is built on Him, and Him alone, because I know even if we can't always trust people anymore, we can always trust Him.

Love, Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment