Monday, August 18, 2014

How you might have been when older

Hi, Sweetheart. Well, your Daddy showed today one reason he kind of wished you’d been born so he could adopt you. Yes, not just so you could live in family filled with love, but also so I could be sure of having someone to help me.

It was just one of those moments, Mom convinced me to get a smartphone and go on her plan and it wouldn’t cost me any extra, unlike other e-mails g-mail adds everything in and it blew me away going from maybe 15 contacts to over 80! It confused me till someone helped me get that account off that device over the phone.

In a way, though, you could argue that it was a sign of how it’d be with you as a teen helping me; I’d get a cell phone for you and decide to upgrade myself and do the same ehing, get just as confused, and you’d help me the way Mom did; at least as far as getting someone on the phone who could figure it out. (The way kids can figure that stuff out you’d have done it by yourself, I’m sure. Yeah, I’ll brag on you a bit, why not.)

It’s so confusing and frustrating that tech stuff can’t just stay the same. I still plan to only use this as a phone except for possibly 2-3 other tiems over each month I might do messaging, but Mom’s always had that childlike enthusiasm for learning and new stuff. Combined with a love language that emphasizes giving – I wonder which of the 5 Love Languages you have – it can lead to times like that.

She’s a great mother, though, and would have made a wonderful grandma for you. She’s getting older but still going well, and I’m not really worried about how I’ll get along once my parents die. The way this world is going the Rapture may well happen before that, anyway. I’ve got lots of great friends,a nd just won’t put myself in some of those types of situations anyway. Oh, I won’t stagnate, I’ll keep learning, and walking around the neighborhood, but I may keep the cell phone I have then or even go to featureless. I just have never had the money for a lot of extras.

But, the point is that I got to have some fun imagining what it’d be like to have you around when you’re older. Indeed, maybe that’s why this did happen. It helped me see I can count on the Lord to help me no matter what, and it also helped me see what you’d have likely been like. Oh, sure, you have the personality you wereborn with to some extent, but hanging around us you’d grow to see the great unconditional love we have for each other. And, you’d probably try to take after her. Yes, some people are more serious, but we’d help you come out of your shell if you had one, and have great fun with the sillys tuff we like to do.

It makes me wonder what you will be like when we finally meet. Yeah, Iknow – “It’s a surprise.” You’re going to have so many special surprises for me, I’m sure.

In the meantime, I know I’ll be all right because the Lord will see me through. And, I have a big enough church lots of others will help me. I’ll probably just admit right away what I might need if it does happen before Jesus returns, in fact. I’ve become very good at opening up, if a bit clumsy at it yet. You’d be proud of me.

But, then again, I know you love me no matter what. Just like I’d always love you, and always will. It’s nice to think about you looking down at me and smiling that cute smile I envision, giggling as I do silly stuff, and so on. Shaking your head as I forget to trust in Jesus for stuff, too, I’m sure, but I eventually get there. Sometimes I even imagine your precious voice saying, “Talk to Jesus about it.” I know it’s only imagination, but it really helps me knowing that it’s not just the Lord. Oh, He’s the one I live for first and foremost, as I have trusted Him as my personal Saviour by faith, calling on Him to forgive and save me through what He did on the cross when He died for my sins and rose again. But, imagining you beside Him and making comments is sometimes helpful, too.

I don’t know when I’ll feel the need to write again, I know it’s been a bit lately again, but whether or not I do, I know you’re having loads of fun.

So, till we meet and you can share all those surprises with me,

Love,
Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment