Saturday, July 26, 2014

On love, "I love you," nonverbal language

Sweetheart,
I can imagine your “I love you”s so easily. I know you do. Just like I know Jesus loves me.

Sometimes it’s so important to hear that. I heard it every day when I was little, often several tiems a day. I’d have done the same for you, because I know it’s important to hear that.

There’s a great book called “Five Love Languages,” I forget who wrote it, but the way I show love most is by helping others. Sometiems that means that, combined with my not getting hidden meanings and tones and such, I can be tricked into paying a bit more for something because I don’t get how unusual is is, for instance, to need help with the lines inside my house when it comes to the phone. There’s too many people who only want your money and who don’t want to tell you there’s a very slim chance of you needing such help. Or even helping you understand the outside lines aren’t the same thing.

That makes me feel unloved at tiems till I remember how much I am loved, especially by Jesus. I wonder what your “love language” would have been. It’s sometimes different in how we feel love than in how we express it.I think mine’s the same but part of why I feel loved by others helping me is because of my handicaps. So, it might be a bit different.

I’d have taught you to show love, respect,a nd appreciation. A while ago the Lord reminded me of some times I’ve heard it from kids in our church, either a thanks or something they made my co-teacher and I for Christmas or pictures they drew. Even without those little things, I always feel “these people love me” at my church, and I’m so happy about that.

So, the Lord’s helped me realize I’m loved, but while I know you are in Heaven where you can love on Jesus and he provides so much love back, I’m writing this just to say “I love you” to you. I know you know it. But, the best way to feel loved sometimes is to love others; as we do, so shall it be done unto us.

And, I’m sure you know. I just over-empathize at times, once I know something’s a concern, I feel overly much for them. I guess I overcompensate for the fact I don’t read things as well, but pick up the basics very well.I know a nod means “yes” but just don’t always pick up when it’s being used for something else – like one time I expressed shock when a friend posted that someone had “nodded hello.” I didn’t know that was possible.

But, as I say, I’d pick up the basics and have gotten to know you well. I’m sure you’d have learned to verbalize well your concerns, and I’d have helped.

Thankfully, you are in Heaven when you don’t have to worry about confusion over that, because not all signs to seem to meant he same thing to everyone. That makes it even more confusing. One day, I will celebrate with you – for as David said of his deceased son, you won’t come to me but I’ll go to you.

Till that wonderful meeting in Heaven, I love you, Sweetheart.

Love, Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment